Sunday, October 28, 2007

"How To" take good notes

Note-Taking is very important during college. Good notes will always be a keep sake for you for future reference. In my high school, St. Joseph Hill Academy, they taught me very good note-taking skills. Laptops were mandatory and in most classes we used them to take notes on. This helped me become organized, learn how to type and I also learned how to listen, understand and type down important key facts at the same time. Now I still have all my notes saved from high school on my laptop if I ever needed to refer to them.

Some tips on how to take good notes are to write down key-facts as I said before, don't overdo it and go crazy writing down every word your professor says, always ask if you missed an important point. After class it is beneficial if you organize your notes to make them more understandable. Also, if you have poor handwriting, typing or re-writing them is a good idea to make studying and reviewing easier.

Note-Taking is a skill that everyone will eventually master. It just takes time, practice and developing your own technique. Whether you learned how to take notes in high school as I had or if you are just learning now in college, you will use this task for the rest of your life even when you enter the career world.

No comments: