Sunday, October 28, 2007

"How To" cope with stress

Stress is a feeling that is created when we react to particular events. Stress is the body's way of rising to a challenge. Stressors are the events that provoke stress. Some stressors are violence, bad relationships, family problems, schoolwork, work, activities, friends, crammed schedules, not having time to rest and relax and always being on the go.

Some ways to keep your stress under control are to take a stand against over scheduling, be realistic and try not to perfect too much, always be sure to get a good night's sleep, learn to relax and have confidence in yourself. It is also important to keep your body healthy and in shape. Make sure you are getting the right amounts of nutrition, exercise and vitamins that are needed. Try not to be too pessimistic because that can lead to bigger problems. Lastly, it is important to solve little problems that may occur in your life because this will give you a sense of control.

My everyday schedule is very busy. I go to school, work two jobs and go to dancing school. I am on the go all the time. However, I am confident in my self and I enjoy what I am doing. My life is stressful at times when I need money or if any other problems arise. I always intend to overcome this and go on with my schedule of school and work. My weekends are the time when I relax and relieve whatever stress that is built up during the week by going out and enjoying myself. Then when the week starts I am refreshed and ready to being a new cycle. Cycles are what I consider my weeks being. Having plans also helps me get through stress. If there is something to look foward to, I tend to think about that event instead of worrying about other things that can cause me to become irritable.

Stress is an emotion every person has. Learning how to cope with stress is available, you just have to help yourself and make up your own cycle of time. Prioritizing your weekly schedule will help you plan and relieve overload that can develop.

No comments: