Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"How To" have a healthy relationship

Sometimes one may feel that it is impossible to find the right person for you to date. But, when you do think you found that person you are most likely estatic. When you do find that person, it is very important that you make sure that your relationship is healthy. Mutal respect is number one in a relationship. It is important that you and your boyfriend or girlfriend value each other's beliefs, boundaries, likenesses and etc. In order to have a healthy relationship, you have to TRUST each other. Trust goes into the next idea of having a healthy relationship which is honesty. Trust and honesty are essential in growing closer and being comfortable with your significant other. In a healthy relationship, your boyfriend or girlfriend will be there with support with always having a shoulder to cry on when you are sad or happy. Supporting each other's accomplishments is important in keeping a relationship healthy. Fairness and equality is necessary in a relationship. This means taking turns in movies you see, things you do, places you go and etc. Lastly, good communication is most important to keep a relationship going. Couples need to learn how to communicate well and not argue when trying to get a point across. Bad communication can lead to a bad unhealthy relationship.

A Relationship is unhealhty when it includes mean, abusive, controlling and disrespectful behaivor. Many qualities like kindness and respect are absolute requirements for a healhty relationship. Here are some signs that you can look for to see if you are having an unhealthy relationship: if your boyfriend or girlfriend gets angry if you don't drop everything for him or her, critizie the way you look or dress, want you to quit an activity or push you to go further sexually even if you don't want to.

I am in a relationship for 11 months now, almost a year and it has been the best year of my life. My boyfriend has all the qualities to look for in a healthy relationship and I am so grateful I have someone like him. It is very hard these days to find a man who shows all good qualities, is respectful and will drop everything just to spend time with you. But, I am sure one day you will find "the one" as I have. My boyfriend is respectful, we communicate so well we never fight, we compromise and we are always having fun. My relationship is definately a healthy one and I am so happy that I have this boy in my life to create memories with.

1 comment:

Angela07 said...

you blogs are my favorite =]