Sunday, September 23, 2007

How To Eat Right When Attending a Sports Function

Today, I went to a Jet Game with my boyfriend, Matt. Before the game, we had a small tailgate party and we barbecued some food prior to watching the game. This is the time to fill up and eat all the good and healthy food before entering the arena and getting trapped into buying the greasy food. To eat right at the tailgate, bring chicken or steak to grill, have roasted vegetables and some tortilla chips with salsa. Bringing fruit and water is also a good idea. Every time one goes to a sports game, it is tempting to buy sausage and peppers or that gross pizza or dried out pretzels. But, if you are prepared and eat a lot before the game, trust me you will not be tempted to buy the greasy foods. Eating this way will also make you feel better and enjoy the game more.
The game today was a lot of fun. This was the first game I had even been at and it was a great experience. My boyfriend and I were cheering and screaming the whole game and in the end the Jets won! We also had really close seats, 11 rows from the field.
So, tailgate right, eat right and you will enjoy the game and have a great time as I did!

No comments: